Sunday, August 25, 2013

Glade, Goat Therapy, Growing up = Good, Go Dawgs.

A couple of highlights from this week!
Athens is beautiful! The best place in the world for running. 
- Marshall loves law school. He was overprepared for his first day of class--YESSssssss. At his current level of thoroughness, I don't think he's going to have to study for finals. Of course, he will anyway--because he's so thorough. Go Marshall!
- Dad and Nanny are both doing well and have no further issues after both having some medical issues this week-- relieved and glad they are recovering!
- There are some amazing churches in Athens. We LOVE the small town/small church feel. Now which one to choose. . . ? So many great people!
- Our apartment no longer smells like someone's wet chihuahua. Thank you, Glade!
- The Beamer got new tires! $$$$ And it needs some other repair. . .  $$$$$$$$$$$
- I got my student ID so that I can get a membership at Ramsey!!!!! They call it a "Student Dependent" card. I depend on Marshall for a lot of OTHER things, but currently I'm not actually a "dependent" in the usual sense of the word. . .HA! But I AM dependent on him for access to university facilities. While pulling out his wallet to pay for the card, Marshall told me this was "$20 out my pocket."
Growing up is a GOOD thing. 
What a concise depiction of how I've changed in the last 6 years! Based on my facial expression alone, not to mention my name is different. This contrast is overly significant to me--I think because it shows me that I am who I hoped I'd be, and I'm becoming who I want to be.

- Marshall's addicted to Pepperoncinis. Gross. Looks like it's a Pavlov-esque addiction, because he said he's had them every day while he's studying, and right now he can't even focus on studying he's craving them so bad. Since these roles will be reversed eventually, is it my job to go to the store to pick up what he's craving?
- A Pixie le gusta comer. [Pixie likes to eat] He's making his debut in my classes this week in a powerpoint where I introduce how to talk about things my students like to do. Specifically, Pixie likes to eat raspberries and popcorn. And he likes Marshall, who feeds him.

 - There's another young person at JCCHS!! One of the counselors is my age and just started at JCCHS too-- and she lives right near us in Athens! We met up after school to go on a walk one evening this week. And we found this (below). Apparently, UGA's kudzu-infested areas are undergoing goat therapy.
"Prescribed Grazing"
I'm going to plant some kudzu on Tate's roof so UGA will be forced to start its own Goats on the Roof. Didn't see any of the goats, though.

We are loving our adventures in Athens!! Life is good, beautiful, sunny, and in a wi-fi cloud here. We have everything we could ever need!

2 comments:

  1. Athens is the best!...in so many ways. So happy for you & your hubby. Wishing you the best as you make sweet memories these next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these blog posts warm my heart! I have such fond memories of our time in Athens...I definitely have days of missing our little abode in married housing!

    ReplyDelete