Sunday, September 8, 2013

Duck Dynasty-- My inspiration this week.

Finished my book yesterday! Called Again was great. Between that and all the "Duck Dynasty" we've been watching on our "free" cable TV from UGA, I've spent a lot of time dreaming about which of my hobbies could become a job. The author of Called Again is a hiker, and owns a hiking company. And if you love duck hunting, what the people in Duck Dynasty appear to do for a living, is living. So, my hobbies. . . Running? Definitely not dedicated enough to that--at least lately. Reading? Writing? Oh wait. . . speaking Spanish!

I'm in a good job. Just gotta get used to it. Back to work tomorrow. Moral of that story: "You can always turn water into wine. If you're Jesus" --Jase, from "Duck Dynasty". Good thing I think that is probably exactly what Jesus is doing in my life/my job/Marshall's life and future job.

Exciting news--Marshall was accepted last week to be a Dean's Ambassador for the Law School! He'll get to give tours and help out with events for prospective students . . . and we'll find out what else eventually. Basically, he's one of the people who's the "face" of UGA Law. He's perfect for that! I'm excited for him.

I sold tickets at the JCCHS football game Friday night. Learned a lot about the area from the teachers I worked with. . . and from the "Redneck Out" that the opposing team had, making fun of JCCHS. They all wore cutoff jeans, sleeveless plaid shirts, and cowboy boots. Haters gonna hate.

The Georgia game was fun!! It's a lot more fun to tailgate and go to the game together; I'm happy we're both Dawgs! Marshall says he loves the school, but not the football team. "It's the barking; I can't handle it", he and his Tech+UGALaw friend agreed today while watching the Falcons game.


For next week, Marshall has planned a "gourmet burgers" night for us on Thursday, to give me something to be excited about when I hit a slump during the week :) The plan is to grill out and eat outside. It'll be our first time breaking in the grills/picnic area in our complex's shady courtyard!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. this was such a great post. they all are. i'm reading them today because i'm discouraged. and there's something so wonderful about reading a friend's honests posts. It makes you feel like you're not alone and you can relate. love you rach!

    ReplyDelete