Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MBA at UGA -- Fall 2014!!

I am VERY EXCITED and the future is looking SO bright!!! I just heard about my acceptance to the Terry College of Business at UGA's Full-Time MBA Program, and I could NOT be more excited!!

Very excited about changing careers--I've chosen the Operations Management concentration because I'd like to either go into consulting or work for a number of amazing companies in Atlanta in an operations-related position. An MBA will help me develop my strengths of organization, preparedness, and efficiency into a marketable skill set!

I am sure that I would have liked teaching better at a different school / in a different department at my school, but I started thinking last fall that I couldn't see myself teaching for the rest of my career--for various reasons. And Marshall had been suggesting since we decided to move to Athens that I get a masters while we're here... So we did some research, found some jobs we think I'd enjoy and be good at, and I became convinced that an MBA would open the door for me to do those things. We talked to our parents about it, and they were supportive, excited, and had some great wisdom to offer! I applied in December, and I just heard back!!

Of course there are a lot of risky things about this. . . both of us being in school, when to start a family, etc . . . BUT we've prayed through the fears and risks, sought wisdom from people older than us, and we are really convinced that this is God's leading for me/us.

There's also that, if I was just going to end up back in school, then why did God lead me to teach this year? In talking about that, my parents pointed out that I've wanted to be a Spanish teacher since I was 18. If I had never tried it out, I would have always wondered. Now I KNOW :)

Going forward, I am really excited about applying for summer internships, brushing up on my quantitative skills (Kahn Academy is AMAZING!!), and doing pre-course work. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but I am so excited about where it will lead!

1 comment:

  1. this post makes me so happy! so excited for you!! Don't you just love dreaming about what may be ahead for you and your husband? That's one of my favorite pasttimes. Love you! And excited to see y'alls journey!

    ReplyDelete